MathCON 2019 Photo Contest
Math is all around us: show off your photography skills by submitting a photo of math in your world!
1st Place: $300
2nd Place: $200
3rd Place: $100
Social Media Winner
- Photo must be related to math concepts
- Photos must belong to the student (No stealing photos from magazines, internet, ect.)
- Contestant must be in grades 5-12 (Students from all types of schools, including home-schooled students, are welcome to enter)
- International submissions are encouraged
- No more than two photos per contestant
- Students submitting photographs to the contest agree to a photo release
What to Submit:
- High Resolution Image of 3MB-10MB, .jpg or .png format ONLY
- Must be an original digital photo – please no doctored photos, no drawings, or designed graphics
- Photo can be taken with any type of camera (iPhone, Android phone, iPad, digital camera).
Title & Description:
- Please provide a clever title and an explanation on what type of math concept is shown in your photo. (Under 100 words)
- Topics for photos include but are not limited to: the beauty and application of mathematics found in nature, the built environment, animals, sports, tech, architecture, geometric figures, the Fibonacci sequence, the Golden Ratio, mosaics, symmetries, numerical calculations, statistics, chance, reflections, playing with light, etc.
Contest Judging and Voting:
- On April 7, 2019, final voting for the top four winners will begin on the MathCON website. You can vote for your favorite! (only one time please!!)
- Winners will be announced on April 27, 2019 at the MathCON finals competition and on our website.
Prizes will be awarded to five winners at the MathCON Finals Award Ceremony in Chicago on April 27, 2019 , and the winning entries will be posted on the MathCON website. Winners do not need to be present to receive the prizes.
*If you do not have a Google account to submit your photo, please send your information to email@example.com