Dear Prospective Sponsor, It is with great excitement that we announce the 10th MathCON Nationwide Math Competition. With its goal of promoting math education, MATHCON received unprecedented participation last year. 45,000 students from 330 schools in 42 different states participated in the online test, first round of the competition, in their own schools with their teachers. Students from all types of schools, including home-schools students, can take the test at their own schools under the supervision of their own teachers.
The MathCON online test questions require ingenuity and insight, but little technical knowledge beyond grade level mathematics and includes problems of varying degree of difficulty that enables all students to be equally challenged. This year, for a paper based test, top 500 math champions in the online round in grades 5-12, from around the country will be invited to the Finals which will be held in UIC Forum, 725 W Roosevelt Rd, Chicago, on April 23, 2016. Individuals and classroom teams from charter schools, private schools, and public schools are eligible to compete in MathCON. We believe that every student has the potential to shine in science, math, and engineering, and therefore, we encourage every school and their students to participate in MathCON. Accordingly, the mission of MathCON is:
- to increase public awareness in math and math education.
- to help ensure future competitiveness in math, science and technology
- to involve businesses and organizations in a partnership with MathCON to create a sustainable and growing math camp programs;
- to increase the number of students pursuing advanced degrees in mathematics, engineering, technology computer science.
- to recognize the accomplishments of students- our future mathematicians, and technology leaders.
None of these goals would be attainable without corporate and private sponsorship. The MathCON would not exist without the generous support of our sponsors. This year we are asking you to become one of the competition’s supporters. Your gift will enable the fair to continue to move to a higher level of excellence as we strive to improve the organization and the experience of each participant.
Benefits of Sponsorship
The following are just a few of the benefits of sponsoring MathCON;
- Recognition in MathCON printed materials (program booklets and t-shirts), program DVD.
- Post competition press releases;
- Recognition during the awards ceremony and,
- The satisfaction of knowing that you are making a difference in the lives of young people and helping them make advancements in math, computer science and technology.
PERSON: Leila and Irma
MathCON is an online math competition for students in grades 5-12 with grade-level specific timed tests of 45 multiple-choice questions in 45 minutes. Students from all types of schools, including home-schools students, can take the test at their own schools under the supervision of their own teachers.
Also learn about STEMCON:
An Elementary School in TX taking MathCON Online Test:
What was the most rewarding part of participating in the MathCON Finals?
Deborah Schildkraut, parent