What grades can participate in MathCON?
- 4th-12th Grades
Is the MathCON Online Test timed, and if so, what is the time limit?
The first round online test will be time! 45 minutes, 32 multiple-choice questions to be exact.
How can I register my school for MathCON?
- School admin, math department head, or any math teacher can register the school for MathCON and become the MathCON Coordinator in the building. (Yes, payment can be made later)
- Registration link: https://www.mathcon.org/registration/
- When the school is registered, the MathCON Coordinator in the building can share the same username and password with other interested math teachers. Once they have the username/password, math teachers can add their students (either their entire math class or selected students) to the MathCON Online Test portal, and students can start studying their practice tests and take the online test when the testing window opens in January.
- Teachers can add/upload as many students as they want until March 6, 2023.
- School registration includes an unlimited number of student registrations for the first round of MathCON Online tests.
How can I register as an individual for MathCON?
- Parents/guardians may register their students as individual participants. The parent who registers will become their child’s MathCON Coordinator.
- After registration is complete, the MathCON Coordinator (parent/ guardian) will also have access to their student’s unique username and password. This will allow the student to log in using their own account to view the Weekly Practice Tests and have access to our first round Online Test.
- Registration for individuals is just $15 for one student.
- You may fill in your child’s school’s name when registering (Please note: We do not communicate this information to the school)
Who can be a MathCON Coordinator and what is the responsibilities of it?
- Anyone! Preferably a school admin, math department head, Center Director, owner, or any math teacher.
- Responsibilities include:
- Registering your school/center and your students
- Passing out username and password (Yes, there is only ONE admin username/password for the entire school/center)
- Distributing student’s unique username/password to each student
- Informing other math teachers or team members in your building about MathCON updates
- Hosting the first round of testing by Friday, March 10, 2023
Once the registration is complete, and payment is made, how do teachers add their students/parents add their child(ren)?
- Once the MathCON Coordinator registers and makes the payment, he/she needs to share the MathCON School credentials (username and password) with other teachers involved. When teachers receive the username/password from the MathCON Coordinator in the building, they can Click Here to add their students. After teachers add their students, each student will be provided with a unique username and password automatically.
Can teachers add more students after the initial school registration?
- Yes, they can upload as many students as they want! The student lists are not limited to one grade, one class, or one subject. They may add students until the last day of testing.
- MathCON coordinator/coaches/teachers, if you haven’t uploaded your student list yet, you can do so now using the login you created when you registered.
My login information from last year doesn’t work, what do I do?
- Every year the MathCON Coordinator will need to re-register and obtain their new login information.
- 2022 login credentials become void on August 1st when 2023 registration goes live.
How can I access “Student Logins” for the Test?
- When you add your student list, you will be able to see student usernames and passwords in your admin account by clicking the checkbox “Show student username and password for taking the test.”
- Each student takes the test individually, not as a team.
- One school registration includes an unlimited number of student registrations for the MathCON Online Test for that one school building.
- You can also download the student usernames and passwords as an Excel file.
What if I registered my school for the MathCON Test but did not pay during the registration? (i.e., Can I pay later?)
- If you have registered but have not paid, you may log into your admin account with the username and password you set up when you registered. If you are paying by check or purchase order, please allow 7-14 days for processing. PayPal is instant and preferred if you wish to facilitate the test immediately. You cannot begin the test until payment has been processed.
- Schools or individuals will have access to the MathCON Practice Test after they make the payment.
- Each school must register independently, not as a district or network.
What are the logistics of my students taking the online test between January 18 and March 10, 2023?
- Each student login info is automatically generated by the system when the student information is added to the MathCON Coordinator’s account.
- When the student is ready to take the online test, he or she can click the “Login” link on the MathCON.org menu bar to get started. Testing begins January 18, 2023, (11 am Central Time) until March 10, 2023, 11:59 pm Central Time.
- The online test is available to take 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (from January 18th – March 10th, 2023). It should be taken under the supervision of one of their teachers at school or with their parents at home.
- Students are permitted to use a calculator for the entire online exam.
- Please note, all students DO NOT have to take the test at the same time.
Are students able to take the Online test using iPads and/or Chromebooks?
- Yes, students can take the test using iPads/Chromebooks.
- No software installation is required. The test is web-based. Therefore, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox can be used!
- The Online test can be taken on iPad directly using the Safari browser, too.
What if the website freezes and the student has already started taking the test?
- Close the browser window no answers will be lost because the system records the answer of each question when they click Next.
- Re-open the browser and log back in.
- When the student re-opens the test, the questions that are already answered will be marked blue. Note that the system will randomize the order of questions every time you open the test. Therefore, the questions will be in a different order.
What are the MathCON Weekly Practice Tests?
- MathCON Weekly Practice Tests consists of a series of 16 Practice Tests with answers for grades 4–12. Students are recommended to take these tests before the MathCON Online Test as these practice tests mirror the actual test.
- Each registration includes 4 out of the 16 practice tests (option to upgrade to all 16)
- The Weekly Practice Tests are released every Monday starting September 12
- Each Weekly Practice Test is a 16-question, multiple-choice exam comprising the following topics (these are the topics that are covered across all grade levels):
- Students may use a calculator on the Practice Tests.
- Weekly Practice Tests are open till May 31, 2023.
- Students may log in with their credentials that are in their MathCON Coordinator account. Students must be registered and have a username/password assigned to them before they can take the practice tests.
For more information on MathCON’s Weekly Practice Tests, click here!
How much is the registration fee for schools or individuals?
- We offer a couple different options to best fit your school or student! Click here for exact pricing!
What types of payments do you accept?
Payments can be made with a check, purchase order, or credit card/PayPal until testing. If the school is sending a check, please allow 7-14 days for processing of the check. If submitting a purchase order, CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD W-9 FORM FOR INVOICE PURPOSES.
What, when, and where is the MathCON Finals Competition? Is there a registration fee?
- The Finals Competition is the event that occurs after all students complete taking the Online test between January 18 and March 10th.
- 628 of our top-scoring students in 4th-12th grade will qualify and be invited for the MathCON Finals Competition in Chicago, IL.
- Besides MathCON Finals Test (100 minutes), the event will also include games, a magic show, and the Awards ceremony.
- Final Test will be held on May 13, 2023, in McCormick Place Convention Center Chicago, Illinois.
- Tuesday, March 14, 2023: Finalist registration opens (11 am Central Time)
- Friday, March 24, 2023: Finalist registration closes (11:59 pm Central Time)
- Monday, March 27, 2023: Alternate finalist registration opens (11 am Central Time)
- Friday, March 31, 2023: Alternate finalist registration closes (11:59 pm Central Time)
- Final registration is $39.95, which includes access to our Final eBook (10 Practice Tests and Solutions)