What is the MathCON Finals Competition?
- The Finals Competition is the event that occurs after all students complete taking the Online test between January 17 and March 4th.
- 98th Percentile group students in 4th-12th grade qualify for the MathCON Finals Competition.
- Besides MathCON Finals Test (32 questions: 100 minutes), the event will also include games, The Up Guys Edutainment, and the Awards ceremony.
- More info to come once the testing window closes on March 4, those who qualify for finals will be invited a week after the test closes.
- Final Test will be held on April 30, 2022, in McCormick Place Convention Center Chicago, Illinois.
Do students need to be accompanied by an adult?
If the student is a minor they must be accompanied by an adult. That can be a parent/guardian, a teacher/coach, anyone who is over the age of 18.
Will lunch be provided?
Lunch will be on your own at the various options offered through McCormick Place. There is a Connie’s Pizza, McDonald’s, Starbucks, and a food court. More detailed menu coming soon!
What will the test cover?
What materials will I be given for taking the test?
Students will be given a #2 pencil, the test booklet (paper- with room to work out problems) and a scantron answer key.
What should I bring with me?
Into the testing room, nothing. For the event, we suggest bringing cash for lunch, t-shirt, rubik’s cube purchase. You will be given a drawstring bag when you check in at registration.
How do I sign up for the Rubik’s Cube competition? Or to play Game 24?
Head over to the Day of Event page!
What does it mean that I am an Alternate Finalist?
Alternate Finalists are MathCON’s waitlist for Finals qualification. Once the deadline for the Main list finalists is over and if there are still open spots, Alternate Finalists will start filling up these spots, according to their ranking, if they had confirmed that they would like to participate
Is there a registration fee for the MathCON Finals Test? How much?
Yes. Qualified students need to be registered individually, either by parents or by their school.
Individual registration for the MathCON Final Test. This price also includes official access to all the Final eBooks (10 Practice Tests and Solutions) that can be accessed through the MathCON Portal for each student. The terms and conditions for registering apply.
What is the Finals eBook?
The MathCON Finals eBook comprises a series of 10 Practice Tests with solutions for grades 4–12. Students are recommended to take the Final eBook Practice Tests before the Final Test.
- Monday, March 9, 2022: Students will have access to the Final eBook starting at 11 am Central Time.
- Tuesday, May 31, 2022: Final eBook closes at 11:59 pm Central Time.
- After the Online Test, qualifying students in grades 4th-12th, usually at the 92th percentiles, or above in each grade level, will be invited to the MathCON Finals Competition in Chicago on April 30th, 2022.
- There are 10 Practice Tests with solutions in each Final eBook for grades 4–12.
- The maximum score for a Final eBook Practice Test is 300 points.
- There is no time limit for the Final eBook Practice Tests.
- Students do not lose any points for wrong or unanswered answers.
- Students may retake the test as many times as needed.
- Students may use a calculator on the test.
- Students are recommended to take Final eBook Practice Tests before the Final Test.
When is the MathCON Finals Competition Event? Where is it going to be held?
- Saturday, April 30, 2022 at McCormick Place Convention Center in Chicago, Illinois.
Thank you for registering for MathCON 2022!