January 16, 2017, until Friday March 3, 2017: MathCON ONLINE TEST at YOUR OWN SCHOOL
April 22, 2017: MathCON FINALS for QUALIFYING STUDENTS at CHICAGO UIC Forum, 725 W Roosevelt Rd, Chicago
With its goal of promoting math education, MATHCON received unprecedented participation last year. 45,000 students from 450 schools in 41 different states participated in the online test,first round of the competition, in their own schools with their teachers. On April 23, 2016 more than 1,500 people consisting of MathCON finalist, parents, family members, and teachers gathered for an exciting day filled with mathematics at University of Illinois at Chicago for the Final round of MathCON. The excitement was nothing less than what one witnesses at a sports event.
MathCON tests are grade-level specific:
5th grade MathCON Test
6th grade MathCON Test
7th grade MathCON Test
8th grade MathCON Test
9th grade MathCON Test
10th grade MathCON Test
11th grade MathCON Test
12th grade MathCON Test
• Test questions require ingenuity and insight, but little technical knowledge beyond grade level mathematics. The online test includes problems of varying degree of difficulty that enables all students to be equally challenged.
• Maximum score at online testing is 320. There is no penalty for guessing.
• Students are not required to use a calculator. All problems on the MathCON Test can be solved without a calculator.
• Teachers will be provided with the list of username and password for each student they registered.
• Students will be able to log in with their username and passwords and take the only test anytime between January 16, 2017, until Friday March 3, 2017 during 8:00 am and 6:00 pm weekdays.
• The MathCON online tests may be taken in a seven-week window of time. This allows our teachers to fit in with even the busiest of schedules.
• Students can take the online test in their own schools with the supervision of their own teachers.
The MathCON Paper Based Finals: Saturday April 22, 2017
CLICK on the picture for more information about MathCON 2017.