MathCON’s 2023 Photo Contest
We are so excited to announce that MathCON will again be hosting a photo contest along with the MathCON 2023 Competition!
If you are a student between the 4th and 12th grade you are eligible to join in the fun! Mathematics is all around us: Your favorite NBA players’ stats, the technology in your mobile phone, the Fibonacci sequence in nature, the Golden Ratio in architecture…the list is endless! Math can be practical, it’s all around us! We want you to show us where you see it in your day to day life. You might stage these photos, but you also might see something mathematical on your way to school!
- Starting on October 31, 2022, send us your math photo until March 31, 2023 (one entry per person).
- Top 20 will be announced on World Art Day on April 15, 2023!
- Voting for the top three will take place on social media starting April 15, 2023 and will close at 11 AM CT on May 13, 2023.
- Top 3 will be announced at our MathCON Finals on May 13, 2023!
- The top students will be awarded a monetary prize.
- Photos must be your own original work, taken on your cell phone, digital camera, etc. and they must not be edited in any way
- No filters, photoshopping, etc.
- Fill out this Google Form to submit your pictures!
- Also, if you are able to – post the photo to your socials and tag us!
- Use these for reference to learn more about photography in mathematics:
See previous years’ photos on our Instagram!
Disclaimer: MathCON has the right to use any/all photos submitted for promotional purposes and on our website/social media platforms. We will not sell your information or your photos to any third party.
MathCON Photo Contest 2023 Winners!
#1 Sky High by Avery Alig
#2 The Ripple Effect by Rene Charles
#3 Community of Love by Evelyn Monsted