MATHCON 2016 VIDEO
MathCON 2015 VIDEO
MathCON 2014 VIDEO
MathCON 2017 Online Test results are now available!
MathCON Supervisors can log in to their admin account to see if any of their students are among MathCON champions and qualifies to compete at the MathCON 2017 Chicago Finals and confirm the students’ participation by Wednesday, March 22, 2017 6PM Central Time.
Finalists are the top 576 students out of 49,685 contestants nationwide.
Congratulations to everyone who participated this year!
MathCON National Finals will be held at the University of Illinois in Chicago on Saturday, April 22, 2017.
Please note that MathCON is not able to provide transportation or hotel accommodations to participating students. Lunch will be provided.
• When students take the online tests, they are instantly scored and those scores are automatically uploaded to database.
• Maximum weighted score for online test is 320.
• At the end of the online test, all students are awarded with “MathCON 2017 Participation Certificate” and students with the score of 200 or above are awarded “MathCON Honorable Mention Certificate.”
• Students can save their certificates to their computers and then print.
• 576 top scoring students out of 49,685 contestants nationwide from Grade 5 through Grade 12 are invited to the MathCON Finals at the University of Illinois at Chicago, Forum on April 22, 2017 for a paper-based test.
• The written test has 50 questions and the score is out of 300. If a tie occurs, the student with higher score on the online test will be placed first. If the online score is also a tie, then we will compare the time it took each individual to complete the online test.
• Both the MathCON online test and the paper based test questions require ingenuity and insight, but little technical knowledge beyond grade level mathematics and includes problems of varying degree of difficulty that enables all students to be equally challenged.
• MathCON Finals: UIC Forum, 725 W Roosevelt Rd, Chicago, on April 22, 2017.
Contact: Leila or Irma
MathCON is an online math competition for students in grades 5-12 with grade-level specific timed tests of 45 multiple-choice questions in 45 minutes. Students from all types of schools, including home-schools students, can take the test at their own schools under the supervision of their own teachers.
WATCH THE TRAILER
Also learn about STEMCON:
An Elementary School in TX taking MathCON Online Test:
What was the most rewarding part of participating in the MathCON Finals?
Deborah Schildkraut, parent